Friday, October 29, 2010

Unit 8 Reading Notes

Hi, All!

Here are my thoughts on the readings for Unit 8:

After reading the user guide on HTML, I can honestly say that this is a site that I will be absolutely certain to use in future situations.  I really like how HTML is broken into smaller pockets or subtopics of information. This makes the subject matter much easier to understand, and less overwhelming and foreign. As librarians, who knows what kind of technological situations we will be responsible for, so this is good practice for potential predicaments and troubleshooting.  I enjoyed learning about all of the different symbols for certain commands such as bold, italics, attributes, headings, etc., because prior to this course, I never really understood the detailed workings of HTML markup, though I had seen it dozens of times while working on a computer.  I also appreciate the “Try it Yourself” option that is connected to each different part of the website.   This makes it a very user-friendly learning experience that really helps to increase everday peoples’ knowledge of markup.  I would highly recommend this article to anyone who is interested in learning more about the basics of HTML!
Similarly, I think the HTML cheat sheet is a HUGE help, and a great reference point for someone who is just learning how to create a website.  What an awesome resource to have handy! Especially since the document prior to this one was so intensive and detailed, it is great to have a resource that would complement it nicely and provide a quick reference point.
The article on CSS was also really interesting, because I had never heard of this before. Id really like to read more about CSS and work on some hands-on examples for this particular topic, in the hopes of gaining a better idea of the concept and its practical application in markup languages on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment