Friday, October 1, 2010

Muddiest Point for 9/27

I found the information in this lecture to be particularly useful and interesting, especially since I'm working with photos/video so much in the school library for student teaching.  My question is: there are so many different file extensions, many of which are only compatible with certain programs, plugins, etc.  A video, for example, might have the extension .wmv  Say for example that a video cannot be viewed on Windows, because it is compatible with Mac software...is there some sort of file extension converter to download to make the video more compatible and the file extension useable with a variety of programs?  I had trouble viewing a .wmv video once because I did not have a certain plugin on my computer, and i think it would be really useful to know how to convert files (if this is possible) and make the file extension more universal.  Thanks!

-Rachel Nard

No comments:

Post a Comment