Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blog comments: links, due 9/18/10

Comment:
While I was able to take away a basic understanding of Mac OS X from this article, I still feel (like many!) that I am missing a lot of information about Macs.  I suppose if I were more familiar with Macs in general, I would be able to pick up on more of the details presented in the article. I still found the information helpful, though, and I'll be curious to reread the article after listening to the lecture on software. Understanding technical language and details often takes a few reads, and I've noticed that diagrams do really make a significant difference as they provide helpful visual representation.
Link to above comment:

Comment:
Aimee, I had a similar reaction to the article on Linux.  While I had heard of this operating system, I had no idea just how complicated its history is and how popular the operating systems seems to be among a fairly large population of users.  The whole idea of an open-source software initially seems like a really remarkable one that has the potential to generate lots of terrific ideas and launching points for discussion among computer users.  However, I also wondered about the possible safety/security issues surrounding open source software programs...are there any security risks surrounding this type of software?  I'm not especially familiar with this topic, so I am anxious to learn more about the details surrounding open-source software in general.  The article makes Linux sound quite safe, but I'm still curious to learn more about this and what (if any) risks exist.

Link to comment:

Comment:
Doug, I also got a similar impression about Bill Veghte's attentiveness to customer service and overall satisfaction.  As a Windows user, it was helpful to read this letter and understand a bit more about the operating systems themselves, including the efforts to have the different systems share a similar, basic structure upon which to build different functions for the user's convenience. I'll be curious to hear how others felt about his customer service tone in this document.  This letter is a good example of the importance of individual customer satisfaction, and how this ultimately affects so many different facets of a company.

Link to comment: 


Comment:
Anthony, I'm curious to hear a bit more about Windows 7.  I am currently using Vista, and I have yet to explore this most recent update from Windows.  What are the advantages of Windows 7?  Are there specific aspects you find to be more user-friendly?  I'd be interested in hearing more about this, if there are any details you'd like to share!

Link to comment: 


-Rachel Nard

No comments:

Post a Comment