Thursday, December 16, 2010

Final Muddiest Point, Week 15

I work at a local museum here in Pittsburgh, and currently, there is a lot of talk about using tools such as wikis for sharing information like lesson plans, materials for certain classes and workshops, etc.  I had a discussion with my supervisor about tools like Google Docs, and possibly using this sort of thing for sharing information and storing lesson information.  Long story short, the tech team informed everyone that cloud computing is not secure enough to use for the entire group...my question is...is this really the case?  If so, then why do entire school districts use programs such as Google Docs and gmail if security risks are so high?

Thanks for a great semester...I hope you all have a restful break!

-rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment