Saturday, November 6, 2010

Unit 9, Reading Notes

Hello, All!

Here are some thoughts on the readings for Unit 9:

I really enjoyed reading about XML.  While my knowledge of HTML was very limited prior to the lesson covering this particular topic, I had  no background knowledge of XML.  I had heard the term before during technical discussions, but I didn't really have any kind of concrete understanding.  So, it was very good practice to learn more about this particular subject.  The document Introduction to XML Schema was really interative and put to practice all of the technical aspects learned about in previous articles.

In "Extending Your Markeup," I was able to gain a better understanding of how XML actually works, and the benefits of using this in place of HTML, which seems to be not quite so user-friendly and interactive compared to the benefits of XML.  I really appreciate the way in which alll of the tutorials and articles were written in plain, easy-to-understand langauge that really breaks this kind of topic (which can be intimidating!)  down into comprehensive segments of information.  I can definitely see the tutorials coming in handy for future reference and work in the library setting.

Thanks!
Rachel N

No comments:

Post a Comment